Merry Christmas from Dunedin, New Zealand!!
Though it seems wrong to be singing Christmas carols dressed in flip flops (or jandals as the Kiwi's say) and tank tops... after suffering through 2 winters last year, Mark and I are more than happy to make the adjustment!
This weekend was Dunedin's Christmas Parade. And since this is my absolute FAVORITE time of year, I drug my husband out to stand along side every other child in Dunedin! :)
Though the parade was (not surprisingly) running behind schedule, it was well worth the wait. The floats were AMAZING! From singing, dancing, and crepe paper creations... Macy's would have been impressed for this small New Zealand city.
But, unlike any Christmas parade I've ever seen... shorts, sun glasses, and sun screen were a must on this hot day! And of course no community event in this town would be complete without screeching bag pipes.
They had bizarre and cool floats... many that I'm not really sure what they have to do with Christmas, but I was impressed never the less. This one is sponsored by Otago Museum. The part before this alive mummy was a Cleopatra looking lady sitting on a throne.
I loved remembering all the children's tales depicted. I proudly sang along with all the kids, "Who's afraid of the big bad wolf..."!
Local Kiwi pride of course includes all the sea animals & birds. I was impressed there were no casualties from the crazy driving penguins and seal lions on wheels!
However, I was sufficiently TERRIFIED of the gigantic Barbie! Seriously... she was HUGE!
And what parade is complete without Ronald McDonald and the Hamburglar!
Dancing Seven Dwarfs...
Jack and the Beanstalk... Fee Fi Fo Fum...
And of course... SANTA!
I loved every minute!
Merry Christmas! XOXO








No comments:
Post a Comment