Monday, December 19, 2011

Adventures with Gingerbread!

In keeping with my most favorite time of year... I decided to take a stab at my very own gingerbread house.  I've maybe done this before when I was younger, but I don't much remember.  Being the person I am (and not having ANY cookie cutters) I decided to do it all by hand while accepting the challenge of a Nativity Scene from Mark.  So here goes...


The absolute BEST part is of course eating everything!!  I'm using straight melted sugar to "glue" the big pieces together.  I can't believe how good it worked!


Above is my house before,
Below is my house after I finished!


It's is complete with a 3D Christmas tree in the side yard made with gingerbread and candy cane.  And yes the footpath has individually cut gingerbread stones!  It should be embarrassing how much fun I had doing this... but strangely it's not!!  :)




Now for Mark's Nativity scene...


There were cows that didn't survive the decorating process, but rest assured they were tasty!!
Instead, we just have Shepard's and their flock ...


Wise men with gifts of mandarin, banana, and grapes...


Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus in a manger... with hay!  And please try to ignore the fact that Jesus is a little crispier than everything else.  I swear I didn't mean to just about burn him!!


So there you have it!!  There were a few things that didn't make it into my creations, but all in all it was a raving success!


I might never need to eat sugar again!!
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment