Friday, November 4, 2011

The coming of Spring

Magnolia Tree in my front yard.

Ok, so maybe spring has officially been here for awhile, but I wouldn't have known... the weather in the library is a calm and constant 20 degrees Celsius (I can't even make the conversion to F anymore... ok totally lying, I never could). 
So, I'm trying to play a little catch up here.  I know I've been VERY remiss in blogging... BUT great news:
I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL!!

I am no longer a Health & Science First Year student!  I understand that all of you in the northern hemisphere maybe don't have a full appreciation for what that means, but all my new friends down here fully get my desire to throw myself a party and then sleep for 2 straight weeks.  The next time I decide to go back to school, I might have a little more appreciation for what it means to enroll in the toughest program in a country!
But, alas... all is well, and I'm still standing (minus MANY years off my life, plus SEVERAL pounds).  Now it's all about finding a place to live (our lease is up in a little over a month), and a summer job!! 
Speaking of jobs... it's fishing season here in Dunedin, so Mark has been getting steady work.  Unloading fishing boats is brutal from what I understand, but the views alone make me jealous!


How cool is that! 

I will (hopefully) be posting several blogs catching you guys up on things like... the Rugby World Cup game that we went to, Mark's clam/mussel gathering trips, and of course... FOOD!
With love from the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment