Since this is NZ, there is of course no shortage of gorgeous scenery. This would be on the way to the "hunting grounds"...
So, here is where one goes to find mussels... hidden in the rocks.
And with a little careful maneuvering... mussels!
I think they look better like this:
Clam hunting is different. Basically you wade out during low tide, stick your hands in the sand and grab a few. Very technical! This is our American friend Matt on his first clamming excursion...
I have to say that this is my kind of fishing! None of this baiting a hook mess... just stick your hands in the water and tada! Though truth be told, I haven't ACTUALLY gone clamming. Mostly I'm supervisor, emotional support and official sea shell collector... a much better use of my skills. Translation: the water is FRIGID!
I think they are so pretty!
And tasty!
Is your mouth watering?
No comments:
Post a Comment