Monday, February 28, 2011

School is in Session!

So, I don't have any wonderful photos to post...sorry!  Today, I officially became a college student again attending my first classes (Biological Physics, Cellular and Molecular Biology, and Human Body Systems 1).  Yes...just as thrilling as you might imagine they would be.  At least I have the company of 500 of my fellow students in EACH class to keep me company in my misery!  In my Biology class I had the great fortune of sitting next to a bright eyed energetic blond Kiwi who eagerly asked me how I was "finding" college (this would be their equivalent of how's it going).  I quickly realized that she thought, like her, this was my first time in college...you know being right out of high school just like her.  Quickly becoming my new BFF off that assumption alone, I didn't have the heart to tell her this is my second degree...first one having finished 10 years ago.  I should probably mention she would be the first person to mistaken me for a traditional Freshman.  So, I just smiled and said that I was finding it good so far.
Needless to say, whilst my fellow freshman were off enjoying their evenings of an "easy" week, I spent my night trying to remember things like...how do you find the angle of a triangle using tangent again...and good lord, how do you find tangent!?!  It's been too long since I've even muttered those words let alone recalled the equations!  And, I don't suppose the correct answer to the question: if you throw a cricket ball up in the air at 30m/s how far will it go...is...I don't know but I'm guessing several guys in sweater vest will run after it!  I love that their problems involve cricket balls!  Cracked me up.  So, I'll try to do something more fun soon...but if not, I'll take pictures of my lecture halls and the library since clearly I have some catching up to do.

3 comments:

  1. Ack! the word "tangent" makes me itch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um tangent...surely they mean like "he's gone of an a tangent" right? just checking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that you have to remember some math and physics! When you find a need for Avogadro's Number I'm your gal!
    Miss you so much

    ReplyDelete