Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mount Cook

Over my mid semester break Mark and I ventured to Mount Cook for a camping trip and some hiking. Mount Cook is the tallest in NZ (but maybe don't ask me how tall that is). I've had this blog half done for almost 2 weeks now, but can't seem to get my act together to finish it! I have some more and potentially better photos, but that would delay me publishing this post even longer. So in no particular order here is what I have for all of you thus far...

NOTE: The snow capped tall one is Mt Cook! :)


View from our camp site.


We camped next to Lake Pukaki that is at the base of Mount Cook.  Most mornings we were up before sunrise... what a spectacular thing to see.


Pheasant anyone?


Me on the beach at Lake Pukaki one early morning.


Along a hike around Mount Cook.


Yes I'm a wonderful camera person!  I was struggling maybe a little... and finding it hysterical.


This was our tiny rental car and the neon blue waters of Lake Pukaki.


I got better at the photo taking.  I think these are called the Blue Lakes?  Interestingly enough they are neither big like lakes nor blue... but I have a good imagination.





Mount Cook at sunrise.




A shot one during one early morning hike.


Mark at a swing bridge.



I have tons of photos, and I'll try to dig through them all and maybe post some more.  In the meantime, it's back to studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment