Thursday, February 10, 2011

"No Worries!"

This is my new favorite saying... and is said by EVERYONE here.  Of course, I've heard people in the states use this phrase... but somehow the kiwi's manage to convey the true sense of those words.  Many of you have been eagerly awaiting photos (some more patient than others!)  So feel free to exhale... because here's your first glimpse of our world...

Welcome to NZ!


Taken on my run this morning.


...also on my run.  Just past the stadium on the right is the ocean!


Mark took this on a walk...


Street very close to our flat.


Park nearby.


I ran through the Botanic Gardens this morning, which is minutes from our front door.  So amazing!


City building on the "Octagon" in Dunedin.


This is a building on campus (yes they are all this beautiful). 


Front of our flat (it's shared and we wont discuss how TINY our flat really is).

 
River across the street from our flat.


They have the craziest trees here!  This is our front yard.


Tree on campus....I couldn't help myself!



Cutest phonebooth EVER!! (On the Octagon)


More photos to come.  We love it here, and love the people.  I've only had a few people who couldn't understand what I was saying... not Mark... just me!  We wont pull at that thread.  Until then...No Worries!!


7 comments:

  1. Carrie. It looks amazing! seriously jealous!!! Looks like you two are settling in nicely. soak it up for all of us who are stuck in the midwest.

    Keep your eyes and ears open for any evidence of a potter couple who lived near Nelson in the 1960's. Harry and May Davis (Crewenna Pottery). Great story, great pots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics rock! I can't even be sad you guys aren't here because you're THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay love the pictures!! I was one of the patiently waiting people right? just checking. hee hee - I'm so wanting to run there.....and I've forgotten what trees in bloom, and green grass looks like!! so nice, as we are covered in snow today! blak!!
    when does school start??
    When the kids woke up this morning they said "oh Mark and Carrie missed seeing our snow"..haha...I reminded them that they don't get snow days and snow isn't so fun when your from Chicago. Didn't think ya'll would be home sick for any snow for sure!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great new beginning for you both. No ruts for you. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take Three: I will get better at this I promise!!

    No Worries Mate! Of course they say that, they aren't living in 5 foot snow drifts!!!! LOL The pics look grand. Are they from the new camera?
    Tuesday nights are pale since you left, The girls don't want to stay late for us and of course the first Tuesday night was the big snow that you just missed!! The Silver Dollar was happy to welcome us and even turned on the cooking channel for us. So we will survive, but it just aint the same. Glad to see your settling in so well, and I guess the airlines knew how big your flat was going to be so they limited what you could bring! Guess you'll have to go buy a new BBQ as it looks like you have some nice places to dine in the front yard. You know you are settled in when you already have begun your workout regimen. Wow, a run from home in a strange land and you even found your way back!! Amazing, but then again your young, if I did that they would still be looking for me, but not far from home because this fat tub of lard couldn't run five feet let alone 5k. Well I am envious your looking at green and warmth, we are looking at white and lot's of it. I think it will be June before we see grass again. Have a lot of fun you two and keep the posts coming, it takes the sting out of you not being here.. All our best, Steve and Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, Mark I see a bridge that you can fish from on the river, You can catch your dinner!!! Send photos of your first catch and eat meal!!!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful view! My lungs feel cleaner just looking at these pictures! Glad you both are safe and sound in your new tiny little home with the unbelievable view. :) ~xo~

    ReplyDelete