Hello everyone! Welcome to our blog. Many of you who know me know that I like to fly under the radar of technology/cyber space, but alas the time has come! We are now on the grid! So allow me to dive right in....
Most of you know the reason we created this blog is so people can stay in touch and track us through the next adventure in our life together....New Zealand! It's official, after months of incorrectly filling out paperwork, medical tests, criminal background checks,fees, ritual sacrifices, and tons of finger crossing....they have arrived! We both officially have visas in our hot little hands. Phew! Such a relief. Of course now the hard part begins...PACKING!
In the months/years to come, I hope to fill this blog with tons of photos showing all the fantastic things we are sure to see. Until then, I make no promises that my blogs will be quite the riveting tales you all are hoping for. We don't leave the Chicago area until the end of January 2011. So until then...it'll be snowmen and winter gear! Happy Holidays!!
yay!! This is exciting 4 me 2 see you blogging, haha!! Wonders never cease....xoxo
ReplyDeleteThank you, thank you! I can't wait to live vicariously through you! I had fun in your big city this past weekend. Thanks for all the advice! The caramel popcorn was ridiculously good!
ReplyDeleteAnd here you are, you brave brave girl! You're just so grown-up (sniff sniff). I love this. Don't be surprised if you find my brother in your suitcase. He's a Kiwi Poser.
ReplyDeleteLove you both,
Manda
Wow, you guys sure know how to surprise people!! Although we are certainly very happy and excited for you both, we are still just getting used to you two being married!! And now we are going to have to get used to keeping in touch when your half way around the world!!
ReplyDeleteWe will certainly miss you both and look forward to your return, but until then we will still be stuck here looking wantingly out our windows wondering what great new adventure the Barrets are now undertaking. So we will hold you to staying up on this blog, we expect wonderful pictures and witty descriptions of each picture! After all we will be traveling with you on this quest. And we want to have fun with you as well.
We also are taking bets, will they leave as two and come back as three or more??? After four years I am betting on at least three!!! LOL
Now before you go you have to let Gretchen and I take the two of you out for dinner. And saying no is not an option. So please reserve one evening for us ok? And if you need any help with your packing, well you can call on us.
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Love Gretchen and Steve Bachner
Hey...
ReplyDeleteXO....
:)...
K then....
Ummmm.....
This was interesting....
Have Fun!
-Quinn :D... (if it wasn`t obvious enough)